Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Kindle love...

and a free novel from Jeffery Deaver - what could be better?  I am so crazy for my new Kindle 3G e-reader - I think everyone should get one.  Yes, I went for the pukey green cover (they call it apple green, if you really must know) and the best thing about it is
the built in light!  Doesn't even need a battery; it runs off the power from the Kindle battery - which will hold a charge for a full month with the wi-fi turned off.  And it's the perfect amount of light to read in the dark, which I suppose doesn't really matter since it's just me and Aggie and Pete - but it's nice just to turn it off and go to sleep.  This has to be the most amazing and useful gadget I have ever been lucky enough to own.  Really.

Now, about the free book - Watchlist is a collaborative effort from Jeffery Deaver and a host of other best-selling suspense writers: Lee Child, SJ Rozan and Lisa Scottoline, to name a few.  It was excellent - fast-paced, believable and well written.  The characters were very well developed, considering the fact that many different authors with diverse writing styles were both fleshing out the multitude of characters and moving the action along.   Even better - the ending was ripe for a sequel.  Let's hope these writers work together again soon.  And best of all, it was free!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!! You must be a fast reader! I ALWAYS have a book going but I guess I am s l o w !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your new toy!!! I personally love that color. Wishing you much happy reading this year!
    Best,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete