Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Saturday, December 11, 2010

I've been having...

one of those months so far...  It seems like December first came around and I lost all of my holiday spirit and momentum and I am just now finally catching up.  You'll probably notice that a bunch of posts appeared on my blog almost all at once - and I've just about got all of the Christmas decorations exactly where I want them - only to take them down and put them away in about three weeks.  The holiday season has been hard for me the past couple of years and I was feeling more festive this year - for about a minute.  And then the aloneness and worry crept in and I ended up moving a couple of squares back.  Actually, I don't even know what square I started out on, but at least I'm not back at Square One, wherever that is.  I've been working on some client projects that I need to finish by the first of the year and so I've been fortunate to keep my mind and hands busy.  Too much time to think is my worst enemy.  Playing with my new e-reader gadget has cheered me up immensely - and so has getting caught up on my blog.  This is something I've done mainly for me - to improve my writing and to share something positive every day and it has been one constant that has kept me going over the last eighteen months or so.  I've met some lovely people and made some new friends - and I am very grateful for that opportunity.  I'm also encouraged that people do like to read what I write and that it's not just my friends being nice when they say how hilarious my stories can be.  So I'm caught up and moving on toward the next square and a bright new year.  Now if I can just find a place for that antique table...

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're getting somewhat in the holiday spirit. Holidays can be less than perfect, can't they? This may be the first year my daughter is not with me for the actual day and that's hard to take. My sister and I have been talking and have decided if it's just the two of us, we'll have a different kind of day, but try our best to make it special for us.
    Best,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete