Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I'm just not that kind of girl...

who is inclined to deal with a yard sale, I mean.  I often stop at yard sales and sometimes I even buy things (although Tim was the sucker for that) but the thought of hauling all this stuff anywhere to put it on tables and price it and then make about $20 bucks is just not my idea of a great way to spend a Saturday.  Too many books to read, too few weekend afternoons...  Consequently, I've decided to put an ad on our local craigslist in the garage sale section and try to attract a buyer who will take the whole lot.  There's lots of great, perfectly usable stuff: Christmas ornaments, baskets, dishes, teddy bears, Longaberger basket liners, music CDs, coffee mugs, fishing equipment - you name it.  Surely someone who loves to hold yard sales would be happy to take the junk off my hands for resale.  I'm just sick of looking at it - and it is sort of depressing - the final clean-up from our marriage.  And here I am, doing all the clean-up.  Men really are colossal butts.

No comments:

Post a Comment