Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Friday, July 10, 2009

I've tried and tried to kick the soda habit...


and I have no soda in the refrigerator at home or in the office - but my daily indulgence is a Route 44 soda from the Sonic that's on the way to work. I always ask for extra ice and it lasts all day long. At this point I'm not even sure it's the soda I'm so hooked on - it's the ice! It's, well, rabbit poop ice. It's just perfect for munching - even though I know I shouldn't. We actually have a small ice machine at the office - which Tim adores - but it's a little tough to crunch. So I drive in and pick up a drink every morning - and at two in the afternoon, I'm still sipping and enjoying my ice. I've given up soda at home to both save money and reduce the amount of aluminum cans and plastic bottles in landfills - but I've actually been enjoying sugar-free drinks like Crystal Light and the cranberry-pomegranate drink from Ocean Spray. And iced tea, of course - this is the sunny South!




I know you really can't see the temperature on the thermostat above, but today I am thankful that both numbers say 73. When I came into the office on Monday - actually prepared to have a really good week - the air conditioner was dead. I called our friend Bill to come and check it out - hoping that it could be repaired - and he even looked for an old compressor for us - but alas - no. RIP! So we had to buy a new air conditioning unit. It was 85 degrees in here and no circulation at all - so I went home. On Tuesday, Bill came and installed the lovely new machine. He called my husband about 12:30 and said he was ready to run the unit, so I dashed over to the office to let him inside - Lord, it was hot in here! Within an hour, it was a cool 73 degrees in the office! I don't know why I didn't write about it before now - because I was thankful for Bill, air conditioning and speedy service back on Tuesday!
You know that saying: If you want to see God laugh, make plans? Well, it is so true. I know that I spend a lot of time worrying - especially in this economic climate - and I am always trying to make things work out the way I think they should. It's particularly challenging these days with Tim's recent layoff from work and trying to support two households and an office space. And there are days when I think we are never going to make ends meet for the month - but then, just when I need to pay the electric bill or buy a toner cartridge for the printer or whatever, one of my clients will call or stop by and just like that, God has provided for our immediate needs. Today He sent me Robert Redford. I'm not kidding - that's really his name and he's one of my regular clients - probably the same age as the famous Mr. Redford - just not as good-looking. He's been bringing me his back taxes to do for a while now and I think we're finally caught up. Yesterday, two of my small business clients called and they are bringing their 2008 stuff in this afternoon and Monday - so I have work to keep me busy and money coming in just when we need it. I am thankful every day for God's blessings in my life - but some days even more than others.


No comments:

Post a Comment