Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Goofing off instead of working...

My phone has rung once this morning - and it was Tim calling me! I finally got all of my craft supplies put away in my new work area and since it was so quiet here, I did a little project for myself this morning. I have been saving clippings of card ideas from Close to My Heart and Stampin' Up catalogs forever and they have just been moldering away in a drawer. So, I trimmed the edges up and put them all into a little notebook this morning - so all my ideas are in one place. My next project is to decorate the front of the notebook. It's one of those brown chipboard "Sara Binders" you see in the papercraft magazines. Eventually, I'm going to go through my small stack of craft magazines and cut out the card examples I like. Believe it or not, I'm still on my "travel lighter" quest - consolidating stuff for when we finally move. This weekend, I'm planning to tidy up the back room at the office and have my friend help me take more junk to our storage unit: ceiling lights for new house, frames from the ruined prints that got wet during the move, Grandma's old Homer Laughlin dishes (they are cool - earthtones - not the bright colors, although I would love to have a set of those one day!) and assorted other stuff that has nothing to do with running the office. I'm tired of looking at the mess. We even have a miter saw and a scroll saw back there! I don't know if Tim wants to move those or not, but I am going to take them to storage anyway. I'm sure there's even some stuff I could sell on eBay back there...

No comments:

Post a Comment