Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Monday, July 20, 2009

I miss Eddie...

and I can't wait until we are all together again. I know moving to Pennsylvania is almost a year away, but I want to start counting the days! Eddie is just about the best cat in the whole world. He is fourteen years old and still acts like a kitten sometimes. He's the Head Boy in our household and is Uncle Ed to all the other cats. He has always loved baby cats - and when a new family member was adopted or if one of the cats (too late to be spayed!) had kittens, Eddie was right there to watch over everyone. I call him Eddie the Lionhearted because he once beat the crap out of Aggie when she was a puppy for picking on our handicat, one-eyed Peter the Great. You know, Aggie never bothered Petey again! Eddie is a very talkative cat and he will kiss on demand. He doesn't kiss boys, though - much to Tim's chagrin. Eddie likes to sleep on my pillow and when he was kitten, he would chew my hair. Fortunately, he gave that up. He also likes to have his picture taken - this is one of his more thoughtful poses. He is named after Edward R. Murrow. I know - weird namesake - but we kept naming cats after newsmen since my first two cats were Woodward & Bernstein. They were followed by Petey - who was supposed to be named for Peter Jennings, but we secretly knew it was Peter Falk because of his one eye. Next we adopted Sophie and Martha Stewart - what were we thinking? But then we adopted Charles Kuralt and Walter Cronkat - and their sister, Lucie Bee. That was the end of the news names and then Tim switched to famous physicists - but that's a story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment