Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Since I've been housebound...

for the last month, I haven't been to the grocery.  My well-stocked pantry and hoarding of household supplies has finally come in handy!  Of course, there is nothing in my refrigerator at this point that could possibly be described as fresh - so Ariela offered to take me to Publix this morning so I could stock up again.  Shopping is always fun, but I've never gone to the market with a five-year-old before - so this was an adventure.  Baby was already a little hyped up from whatever sugar he consumed with breakfast, but I may have made matters worse by alerting him to the fact that he could get a free cookie from the lady in the bakery.  I mean, who says no to a free cookie?  I'd also forgotten how unique a child's point of view can be.  When we got to the dairy department, I reached for a container of sour cream and as I went to put it in the car, Baby stopped talking mid-joke to shriek: "Taco butter!" and wanted to know why I was buying that.  I guess sour cream isn't part of a child's vocabulary, but he knows it's something you put on tacos.  I laughed, the guy who was stocking the yogurt section laughed and Baby laughed, too - although I'm not sure he knew why.  I also discovered that Baby is a person of vanilla sensibility.  Ice cream was on sale - I chose peach because it's summer, I asked him to choose the flavor he wanted to take home and share with his dad and sisters.  And do you know what he chose from the plethora of yummy flavors available?  Yep, vanilla.  Maybe I'm just a choco-holic - and while I don't have anything against vanilla in principle, I would certainly have chosen something more exciting if I were five.  When we got back to my house, my sweet friend brought the groceries inside while Baby spun around in my chair and regaled Aggie with a highly embroidered tale of our morning adventure.  Thanks to Ariela, I now have lettuce, tomatoes, veggie burgers (on sale!) and peach ice cream.  Friends are a good thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment