Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A little glimpse of calm...


is what I needed today - and I was delighted to find an original watercolor card in my mail.  It was from a friend of mine; her 89 year old mother painted it.  This scan doesn't do it justice - but the original is lovely.  I am very pleased to add it to my small, but growing collection of original art that I've been given over the years.  I am planning on putting it in a black frame with a white mat - I like to keep things simple.  My friend Ariela once asked me why all the frames on my prints are black - or at least dark - and I explained that I like the fact that a plain frame fades away and we only see the art.  She has since started to rethink her fondness for intricate picture frames.

Poor Ray was towed to Venice today; it's quite a long drive down there, but I am very thankful for AAA and my towing plan.  They are going to check him over and let me know the diagnosis - which may not even be a dead engine computer.  I'm trying not to get worked up about this situation again - so I keep looking at the sailboats and the calmness of the water.  Mind over matter!



No comments:

Post a Comment