Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Monday, August 01, 2011

Half a loaf and a migraine...

I woke up this morning with a migraine - I thought my head was going to explode.  Another round of ibuprofen and a nap didn't do much to relieve it.  Eating lunch helped a little - but not much.  I decided that I had to do something productive, so after puttering around in the kitchen for a little while, emptying the dishwasher and tidying up, I decided to try and make a one-pound loaf of bread in the machine.  The two-pound loaf is pretty, but it's still too big for just me and Aggie.  How hard could it be - half the ingredients and away we go!  Amazingly, two hours later, this pretty little loaf was ready to come out.  My associate and I sampled it and we were happy with the results.  Guess it's a one-pound loaf for me from now on!

4 comments:

  1. Looks yummo!!!! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sorry you had a bad migraine! I hate those. Have not even had a real headache in ages after suffering from migrainee and sick headaches for years. Hope you feel better now. A cup of cofee and a mint covered patty used to help me.....and/or a frozen yogurt cone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better. I've only had a migraine 3 times in my life, but man they knock you out. Your bread looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though we don't need it any more, I still make the large loaf of bread, cut it, and store it in the freezer. That way there's fewer times when I'm looking for a nice slice, only to discover I'm out.

    ReplyDelete