Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Just finished watching...

yet another television series that I missed completely when it was on during prime time.  Firefly ran on SciFi several years ago - and although it was cancelled after only fourteen episodes, it was actually not bad.  I used to watch a lot of the shows on SciFi (I love a good conspiracy theory!) when we had DirecTV - thanks to TiVo.  Sometimes I do miss that, but on Netflix it's actually nice to be able to watch a forty minute episode with no commercials while I'm having lunch or dinner.  You can watch a whole season of a series in a couple of weeks that way.  Firefly was okay - not as good as Eureka - but a space western is sort of a new genre for me.  I wish the characters had been better developed - but fourteen episodes is not a lot of time to develop a back story on a relatively large ensemble cast.  Here's the basic plot: Freedom fighter turned space smuggler travels from planet to planet with his band of merry men fighting injustice and creepy bad guys.
Oh, and shiny means cool.  Just in case you want to tune in.

No comments:

Post a Comment