Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Saturday, June 11, 2011

It's a heat wave...

and I'm staying cool inside reading my Richard Castle books.  Actually, their style is very James Patterson, but who knows - they might be a collaboration between Patterson, Michael Connelly and Stephen Cannell (RIP) who are the fictional Castle's writing buddies.  That being said, they're quite good - almost as good as Castle itself.  It's transparent who the books' characters are - even though Castle (or whoever) has marginally changed their names.  Nice, light summer reading - murder, mayhem and New York cops on the case - with a bumbling journalist along for the ride, who just happens as it turns out, to moonlight as a writer of bodice-ripper romances.  I didn't see that coming.  Heat Wave is better than Naked Heat - and they should be read in order for continuity's sake.  Personally, I prefer the television series - but that's just me.  The next installment in the Nikki Heat series comes out in December - but my cheap self is waiting for the paperback.

No comments:

Post a Comment