Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Sunday, June 26, 2011

I don't get out much...

or so it seems to my friends.  I gave in and met one of them at Applebee's for lunch today.  We went right at eleven when they opened, so it wasn't busy, but the place was soon inundated with the after-church crowd.  I hate to be rushed and our server appeared immediately after we were seated and took our drink order and suggested an appetizer - even before we had a chance to peruse the menu.  "We'd like to look at the menu," I said, politely.  She disappeared and then teleported back with our drinks.  "Appetizer?" she asked, impatiently.  "We haven't decided yet," was the reply.  "We'll let you know."  Honestly!  Has it been that long since I've dined on something besides my own cooking and take-out?  We finally settled on the potato swirls with queso blanco as an appetizer - and they were really good: fresh made potato chips with spicy cheese and salsa.  They were so good we ate them all.  And when we were finished, then we ordered lunch.  I am sure our server wasn't too pleased with our lack of haste.  Not that I really cared.
My dining companion and I both ordered the quesadilla burger - which was pretty good for cooked flesh.  I haven't had a burger in ages and this one was just right.  We managed to eat at a leisurely pace - our server must have gotten the message that it would do her no good to try and rush our meal.  That was my foray into the real world for the month - I'm good for another month or so.
Aggie would be so mad if she knew I ate meat without her!

No comments:

Post a Comment