Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Three good things...

Laundry Detergent - a necessary evil...
Furniture polish - for those who love wood...
For scented candle fanatics...
I promise that this is my last post about shopping or terrific new stuff for the week.  I just like sharing my thoughts about worthwhile products and saving money.  Which brings me to these three good things...  Over a year ago, my friend Richard introduced me to Melaleuca.  Yikes! I silently thought - an MLM.  I listened politely, perused the catalog and said to myself, "Oh, what the heck - if I don't like the stuff, I can cancel my membership."  I did like the idea of eco-friendly, all natural cleaning and laundry products.  And having used liquid organic cleaners from a similar company, I knew that buying concentrated cleaning products saved money.  And I'm all for that, so I ordered laundry detergent, liquid antibacterial soap and some shampoo.  And I also won't recommend anything that I haven't tried, used for a decent period of time and really liked to anyone else.  To make a long story short, I love the stuff.  The laundry detergent (and fabric brightener) are great and it really does work as efficiently as advertised.  The furniture polish not only smells good, but it does a great job on any kind of wood.  The soap and shampoo are very concentrated and they last just about forever.  I've tried all of the various kitchen and bathroom cleaners and I mix up my own spray bottles of kitchen, glass and bathroom cleaners - again, there really is truth in advertising.  An added bonus is the fact that all of Melaleuca's products are non-toxic to humans and animals - a big selling point for me.  And - no more lugging heavy laundry detergent from the car into the house - Melaleuca delivers right to your door via UPS.  Finally - I admit that I am powerless over candles.  I have loved Yankee Candles for years - but I don't think they last any longer or smell any better than similar candles I've bought at WalMart and Target.  I usually have a candle burning on my desk - as well as a similar scented jar candle in the candle warmer I keep near the front door.  I have gotten lots of great comments on these scented soy candles; everyone wants to know where they can buy them.  My favorite scent is cranberry orange, but last month I got one of the citrus grove candles and I can't wait to see how good it smells!  Melaleuca offers many, many products including vitamins, skin care & make-up - I'm just not a big make-up person.  I wash my face with soap - that's it - so I'm not a good one to ask about girly stuff like that.  But I wholeheartedly recommend the cleaning and laundry products.  Oh, and the soy candles.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm....I've never heard of this company. Sounds interesting. My family tries to buy ecologically as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete