Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Friday, July 23, 2010

Channeling Grandma...

I must have been having one of those days yesterday - or I was channeling the spirit of my dear, departed mother-in-law!  Richard came by to visit and return the empty brownie container and like a true friend would, he called me on it.  Not like me at all!  I think I have just fallen into the slough of despond this week, worrying about finding more work, finances, impending doom - you name it.  And it's not like me - I normally have a very cheery outlook, even when life is crap.  I allowed myself to wallow last night, ate a peanut butter sandwich for dinner, watched a stupid movie, and tried to go to bed early to sleep the negative vibes off.  I am feeling more positive today, but I have the sinus headache from hell.  Must be the effects of Tropical Storm Bonnie.  Maybe that's where my tropical depression came from!

No comments:

Post a Comment