Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Serious cuteness...

You know how when you start a new business you have all sorts of ideas - most of which never come to fruition?  Well, I was going to have shirts with my beehive logo on them.  One thing led to another and things didn't start out as well as I had hoped and these lovely shirts languished in my store room for almost two years.  I had all but forgotten about the idea when one of my favorite clients who has a consignment shop told me that she got a new embroidery machine.  The aha! moment arrived at last...  I asked her if she would be interested in doing a beehive logo for me - this was last fall, mind you - and she said to let her play around and see what she could come up with.  When she dropped her tax stuff off last month, I gave her the shirts and I have been waiting with anticipation for the finished product.  And look!  They're here!  Aren't the beehive and bees just the cutest thing?  She had to create the design from several different pictures and digitize it, but I think they look absolutely wonderful.  She said it was a great learning experience; she had always thought that creating her own design would be too hard, but she was proud of the results, too.  It looks great on the purple, doesn't it?
This shirt is actually that sort of pukey-green I like, but it's hard to tell.  Maybe it's more of a sage green.
The pink is very pale - even more so next to the purple.  I think she did a wonderful job - even if I am only going to get to wear them to the office until July.  It's not like I'm going to change my logo after I'm working from home.  And it goes with the Busy Bee Cards theme, too.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Dawn, the log is adorable. Cute bees and they dont sting!! :)

    I'm off again on my long drive back to my hometown. These weekend trips can be exhausting but worth seeing family.

    Hope you have fun with Aggie. Tell her hi from me.

    Yoli :)

    ReplyDelete