Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Aggie is driving me nuts...

I love my little dog.  Wasn't she the cutest puppy?
Our cat Louie (no tail - sweet boy!) was her first friend.  She would dawdle around outside when she went out to go potty and to get her to go inside, all I had to say was, "Louie's waiting!" and in she'd run.
Most of the cats, like Frodo (el cow-cat grande) here, would just ignore her.
She is always full of surprises.  Actually, I think she likes to have her picture taken.
She also thinks that cairns belong on tables.  She would wait by the door for her dad to come home.  Or maybe it was just to be close to her leash and little LL Bean backpack.  Yes, she would actually carry her treats to Grandma's house in her backpack.  Too cute for words.

But... her allergies are acting up - dry skin from the dry air with the heat on lately, I guess - and she is scratching like mad!  I've given her benadryl and sprayed her with benadryl anti-itch spray to no avail.  I guess we are going to have to go for an allergy shot.  The itch-itch-itch and the follow-up lick-lick-lick is driving me crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment