Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Ford Expedition - RIP

Well, it's time to say goodbye to an old, faithful friend.  My 1998 Ford Expedition has died an untimely death.  Well, it's grip on life was tenuous at best, but this is certainly not the best time for it to go and take one last, shuddering breath and drop dead on me.  I noticed a funny noise on the way to work yesterday from the bank and by the time I got to the office it had overheated completely and the oil light was flashing.  I had it towed to the garage (thank goodness for AAA!) and they later advised me that the situation was indeed terminal.  The only fix was an engine transplant to the tune of $7,000 - which of course I do not have and do not see any wisdom whatsoever is trying to resucitate a twelve-year-old SUV with almost 200,000 miles on it.  I can't complain - I've had only a few minor problems with it.  I used to climb inside every morning and pat the dashboard while thanking Mr. Ford for starting up yet another day.
Aggie loves going for a ride - and she won't even get to say good-bye.  Cari's boyfriend has a similar model and year Expedition and he wants to buy it for parts.  Time to hunt for a serviceable used vehicle...
Aggie says it had better be sporty enough for her to be seen about town in!

No comments:

Post a Comment