Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Same old Saturday...

I just wanted to get in the car this morning and GO somewhere.  Alas, I had to work; I had three clients scheduled after lunch, so I had to stick around.  Ariela came in and we actually had one spanish-speaking client.  Mostly we chatted and had lunch.  Cari makes a mean tilapia Caesar salad.  After the clients left, Ariela helped me put some stuff in the SUV that I wanted to take home (a table, a silk ginkgo tree and a lamp) and then she followed me home to carry it in the apartment for me.  She's a good girl and I appreciate her.  We also had a good laugh over Baby's latest adventure.  One night last week, Ariela was dead tired and asked Marco, her husband, to watch Baby (he's three) when she decided to go to bed early.  Apparently, no one heard her.  She awoke some time later to the sound of running water and a funny smell.  She found Baby standing in the bathroom, looking into the overflowing toilet and then down at his wet feet.  She immediately enlisted Marco to clean up the mess while she cleaned up Baby.  She kept asking her little boy what he had done and he kept denying any part in the great toilet paper caper.  She ended up spanking him and sending him to bed - and he didn't even complain.  I guess he knew he was in trouble because he covered his head up and went to sleep and stayed in his own bed all night long.  The next morning, he changed his story, admitted that he had stuffed the paper in the toilet and was very remorseful.  Funny how the three-year-old mind works.  She said it was hilarious - but of course, she couldn't laugh and Marco was really steamed about having to clean up the mess.  I adore Baby, but I am very thankful for my four-legged kid who has no idea what toilet paper is or how to flush a toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment