Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Back to the grindstone...

I spent the day at home yesterday - I still felt too bad to drive, much less spend the day at the office.  I didn't really miss much - just a few phone calls and a cancellation.  For some reason, people always think I'm closed on Federal holidays.  I've been doing some catch-up work today and working on the growing pile of tax returns.  My regular here's-my-pile-of-crap clients are starting to come in.  Some of them are pretty organized but most have, well, a pile of crap.  That's okay - I love a puzzle!  Sometimes, I guess because I work alone for the most part, I have a little trouble with concentration, what with the phone ringing and people coming in, but when it finally quiets down by mid-afternoon, I manage to get some work done.  I've been trying not to come in on Sundays because that's my only day at home with Aggie (and the housework and laundry...).  I know that sounds silly, but she's my baby.  I'm also pretty excited about my new client who is willing to barter with me for the enclosure reinforcement I need for the screened patio so Aggie can go out there are watch the squirrels to her heart's content.  She has really been enjoying the new view - and barking less.  I'm happy, too!

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you are happy! Hope that you feel all better too.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn,
    I'm glad that hear that you rested on Sunday, eventhough not under the best circumstances. I'm sure Aggie was still happy to have you home. Good luck sorting through the stuff. Hopefully Aggie gets a beautiful patio view soon.

    Take Care!
    Yoli :)

    ReplyDelete