Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Homemade bread and lunch guests...

This is Spike.  He was three in October.  Okay, his real name is Uriel but I have called him Spike since he was a baby because of his hair.  His mom calls it Mexican hair.  Ariela and Spike brought me warm homemade bread for lunch today!  I should have taken a picture of it before we cut it...  And a picture of Ariela - we were too excited about the bread, I guess.  We got some broccoli corn chowder from Cari's and had a picnic at my desk.  Spike had his lunch bag from day care with him; this kid won't eat a sandwich because he doesn't like mushy bread.  He wants to eat crisp things.  Which is funny, because he would eat his weight, all 42 pounds of it, in beans and fresh corn tortillas.  Ariela says that's his Mexican genes.  She's from Nicaragua and she says the food there is completely different from Mexican food.  Her husband sometimes goes to his mother's house for a Mexican grease fix - she loves to cook and bake and it's not always what Marco thinks they should have for dinner.  Men!  Her latest culinary project has been baking bread and I gave her my dad's recipe for Cottage Bread and that's what she brought me today.  A blast from the past!  I promised to find my dad's yeast roll recipe for her.  She's going to be taking a course next month in pastry and cake making at the local technical school.  As soon as she gets her citizenship, she wants to get a job at Publix in the bakery doing cake decorating. I think she'd be good at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment