Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Monday, January 11, 2010

Glad it's Monday...


I never thought I'd be happy to see Monday come around.  I stayed home with Aggie all weekend, reading and trying to stay warm.  I finally finished GWTW and then we watched Lonesome Dove.  I've never read the book - I really ought to as I've heard it's quite good.  I just don't want to get hooked on another author!  I watched Comanche Moon when it was on last year and I had a really hard time with the younger versions (weird casting) of the Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones characters.  I've watched LD so many times I've lost track.  It kills me to see Robert Urich be a bad guy, although Jake Spoon really just fell in with the wrong crowd, I mean, Dee Boot's brother and all...  I always wondered if July Johnson got together with Claire Allen and if Newt grew up to marry Claire's daughter, Sally.  And I never could understand why Larry McMurtry killed Joshua Deets off.  As you can see, I've gotten pretty attached to these characters over the years!  I tried to watch Dead Man's Walk but James Garner as the old version of Woodrow Call was terrible and Sissy Spacek as Lorena was completely wrong.  Sam Shepard wasn't a bad Pea Eye Parker, but I was sort of fond of the original guy.  Apparently I missed Return to Lonesome Dove somewhere along the line, so I'm going to put it on my Netflix queue.  So anyway, after we watched LD, I finished reading my stack of Alex Matthews mysteries so I could pass them on to Richard.  I discovered her a few years ago on DorothyL, the mystery writers list, and I won her first five or six books by guessing how many peanut butter cups in a jar - one of the few times I've ever won anything!  They're pretty good - and of course, there's a cat, so what's not to like?  I have one more to read and I'm caught up - trying to clear out my book drawer getting ready to move on Friday.  I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment