Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Strange, but worth watching...

I was pooped out last night!  Ariela did most of the lugging, but I sorted through boxes and boxes of stuff - and I only went back into the fabric give-away bin once for some denim I had paid good money for.  I'm envisioning tote bags... but I digress.  Ariela arrived at noon with her panini grill and she made turkey, tomato and cheese sandwiches for lunch. With banana peppers, even!  I tell you, I am spoiled!  Then we got to work and we now have a pile of stuff to go home and a pile of stuff for the indoor garage sale.  After work, Ariela's husband, Marco, came and looked at my closets and the shelving supplies to estimate the time it would take to install.  (I went to Home Depot on the way to work this morning to return the wrong parts and get the right ones...)  We're installing the shelves tomorrow morning and then we can just take the stuff home and put it right away!  I love it when a plan comes together.  Aggie and I had taco salad from Taco Bell for dinner and then settled in to watch our Netflix selection of the week.  I cut back to one DVD out at a time when I discovered I could watch most movies right on my computer - and save money, too!  Anyhow, and the point of this post, Passengers was actually pretty good - and I know I would have liked it better had Richard not already spoiled the ending for me when he recommended the movie.  Diane Wiest was in it, too, which was a plus - I have loved her ever since Footloose when she directed her minister husband to a multitude of scriptural references which encourage us to dance.  No dancing in this movie, but it was still worth watching.

1 comment:

  1. I will have to give this movie a try! Don't forget to post the soon to be impressive closet!!!

    ReplyDelete