Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Some kind of stinker...

I love a mystery.  And a mystery with Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson - even better.  But what a stinker!  I couldn't even make it all the way through this bomb.  I have loved Robert Downey, Jr. since Heart and Souls - and while I am not a big fan of Jude Law - I was willing to take a chance on this film.  I should have know that anyone with the poor sense to marry Madonna would be incapable of directing a decent detective movie.  The whole setting was bleak and dirty, as I imagine London must have been in the late nineteenth century, but honestly!  I wanted to give everything a good scrubbing.  I watched for about an hour and fifteen minutes and gave up - boring!  I'm going to try to finish it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment