Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sophie, the prodigal cat...

has returned.  Thank goodness!  She is one of my babies who moved to Pennsylvania with Tim and then to a farm with the cat lady.  She is one of the last five (along with Wally, Louie, Lucie Bee, Ernie - and of course, my boy Eddie) that have not found new homes.  Well, Ernie had a home with a vet along with his brothers Jake and Toby, but they brought him back because the vet's wife couldn't put up with Ernie's nocturnal howling.  Imagine that!  Sophie is thirteen years old and completely declawed.  She is a beautiful calico with a sweet disposition - but she got scared by a cow that got into their part of the barn and Sophie took off for parts unknown.  She was always scared of Aggie - imagine what she must have thought of a cow!  I was very worried about her - and prayed for days that she would come back.  Well, Tim reported to me yesterday that Sophie had finally returned after the cat lady from the farm coaxed her out from under the neighbor's porch with a can of soft cat food.  She apparently seems none the worse for wear, but I am still very thankful that she has returned unharmed. 

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! A declawed cat wandering about in the real world. I'm glad she's back too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I'm so glad she's back. I'll keep her in my prayers for sweet furry creatures.
    Warmly,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn... I always love seeing whats new with you and your furry family:) I am so happy to hear that Sophie has returned home too. I love a happy ending.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit. I hope you have a very pretty week. (()) gail

    ReplyDelete