Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Harvey, the cow-cat...


has gone to Kitty Heaven to be with his recently-departed sisters, Tallulah Belle and Martha Stewart. Harvey, the former Al Catta terrorist, was one of the inbred kitties who was never really very healthy. He was a small cat and prone to ear problems. We called him Youssarian because of his social problems with the other cats. He had become quite unsteady - although he was never terribly coordinated as a young cat - and we think he died of kidney failure. The vet who saw him at the end said that he appeared to be jaundiced. Harvey was a funny guy - he once stole one of Oprah's kittens and my husband came home to find me chasing him around the house, yelling, "Harvey - you little bastard - put that kitten down!" After that incident, Harvey underwent anti-terrorist deprogramming with our head cat, Eddie. Consequently, Harvey learned to mind his manners and gave up his terrorist ways. I am sure that all his brothers and sisters who went before were waiting for him at the Rainbow Bridge. Rest in peace, little Harvey.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that you lost a member of your family. I'm sure all his worries, aches, and trials are over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad times for your kitties Dawn. He was such a pretty cat. The psycho ones are the most loved!

    ReplyDelete