Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Friday, May 13, 2011

We are in the 21st century now...

So here I am in the living room, in my usual reading spot with my feet on the ottoman – typing on my new HP netbook.  Odd that I would buy a netbook, in that my goal is to not be on the internet with it – but rather to be able to write from the comfort of my evening spot with Aggie and Pete snuggled up next to me.  I love this thing!  For a tiny computer, it has a nearly full-sized keyboard which is great.  The price wasn’t bad and it’s red!  I can use a flash drive to copy my work and transfer it to my desktop computer for editing and printing – I am beyond thrilled with my splurge.  I have to say I wasn’t even tempted by iPads or tablet PCs.  I had a laptop once a long time ago; I don’t even remember what kind it was, but it had a small keyboard and a trackball mouse that I could never get the hang of.  I ended up giving it to Tim and I got a new Compaq all-in-one desktop model that was something like a Mac.  As I recall, my mom ended up with that one and Tim got me a strawberry pink iMac, which I loved and he hated.  Of course, he now has an iPad that he is completely enthralled with.  Technology changes so fast – I am aware that my Dell that was the server at my office is completely outdated, but I don’t look forward to replacing it any time soon.  I don’t even have a wireless network because of security concerns – I take the protection of my client data very seriously.  Another reason I got this netbook – I can’t even log onto my own internet connection!  Aggie isn’t even remotely concerned with what I’m doing; Peter sniffed at the screen a bit and then curled up by my feet.  It seems that my associates approve.  Everything is right with my little world.


No comments:

Post a Comment