Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Thursday, November 03, 2011

While I haven't officially...

jumped on the Nutella bandwagon, I did finally break down and buy a jar just to see what all the hoopla is about.  And for nearly five dollars, I thought to myself, it had better be good.  Aggie and I are peanut butter devotees (Peter Pan with honey, thank you!) and while we are always game to try something new, I wasn't too sure about the hazelnut flavor.  And then there's the chocolate factor for Miss Aggie, who is, contrary to her long-held belief, of the canine persuasion.  Our opinion: not great on bread.  At all.  Not bad on an apple.  Pretty good on an apple, actually.  But that doesn't mean I'm going to make a habit of eating it regularly.  It's altogether too, um - Canadian to suit me.  Weird in a an oddly attractive way.  Weird in an I-could-get-used-to-this sort of way.  Weird in a $21.95 for this book in the US and $29.95 in Canada sort of way.  Nope - when this jar of Nutella is empty, we're going back to good old American, plain brown, what-we're-used-to, $2.99 every day peanut butter.  I don't care what Aggie says.

No comments:

Post a Comment