Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Monday, July 04, 2011

Cravings are weird...

aren't they?  I was lazy all weekend and didn't go to the store, so I had no hot dog buns for our annual Fourth of July hot dog fest.  Well, that and I haven't eaten anything but my own cooking since Wednesday and my stomach has been a bit upset.  I ate white rice yesterday for dinner hoping to settle whatever bad cooking I had unwittingly inflicted upon myself.  Anyhow, I've been reading all day yesterday and today and when I looked up at the clock and saw that it was after six, I decided I'd better eat something.  And what popped into my head?  Scrambled eggs.  Now I haven't eaten eggs as a meal for several years - ever since I freaked out on seeing a blood spot inside a perfectly good egg.  No more eggs for me.  I mean, I bake with them and I make boiled eggs for egg salad from time to time - but no eggs, scrambled, fried, poached or otherwise for a long time now.  Yuck, I thought to myself, scrambled eggs. Why am I craving scrambled eggs all of a sudden?  But somewhere between the sofa and the kitchen (about ten feet!) I changed my mind and whipped some up.  They weren't too bad and Aggie seemed happy enough with dinner.  I hadn't advertised the hot dogs too much anyway - so she won't notice that it's actually the fifth of July when we have them for dinner tomorrow.  I think I may just be over my egg thing.  Finally.

2 comments:

  1. I love breakfast for supper! I am baking some asparagus with garlic while frying up some sliced boiled potatoes with THREE leftover hotdogs from MiMi camp. The things we eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little funny about eggs also. I mean look where they come from. I like mine doused with white gravy and scrambled very well. Weird, huh?

    ReplyDelete