Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Small changes...

are just the things we need sometimes - don't you agree?  I had recently moved the red wooden welcome sign I had affixed to the door with sticky tape and the door was looking bare.  Now I've added this cute little hello.  Getting ready for tax season - and sprucing up a bit around the home office - in between catching up on paperwork and answering the telephone.  I love the way my new greeting looks - it's easy-to-apply vinyl and I found it on Etsy for eight bucks.
I think that's a lot of happiness for a little bit of money.
I found an ME print to replace one that was ruined in a moving mishap so I changed it out for the Count Your Blessings print I had previously hung over the client chair.  The other print is moving to the bedroom where it will hang on the same wall as the floating shelves I hope to finally hang up one day soon.  I always have some sort of decorating plan cooking...
My lovely friend, Erin, sent me an Amazon gift certificate for Christmas.  But what to order?  I needed another book like I need a hole in the head - Erin and I are equally bad about ordering (and reading) murder mysteries!  I'd been looking for some sort of wall rack to hang behind the door and when I saw this one and knew I just had to have it.  Another friend had sent me this adorable burlap bag a while back - that awful acid green color that I love with a bee embroidered on it.  It is definitely me!
The rack and the bag are a perfect combination.
I am thrilled with the overall effect.  Of course, I didn't hang it myself.  I leave such technical pursuits to the experts: my friends, Tom and Al graciously installed it for me on Monday.  Aggie supervised and Bee now seems to be quite fond of Unka Al.  If only Peter would come out and visit when they are here...


3 comments:

  1. You are setting the stage for the busiest season in your year! Looking GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, very cozy and homey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn,
    I love the stencil you added to your door. Perfect. I have a stencil in my kitchen I love. I like so many of them, the problem for me is not going crazy and having one in every room! Happy weekend!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete