Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Saturday, December 03, 2011

I've been wracking my brain...

trying to come up with a design for this year's Christmas cards and it seems that a great idea has been staring me in the face for about a week now!  I usually make about three hundred cards to send to both my clients and my friends - all the same design.  That completely freaks my friend Jill out; she is a stamper and card designer extraordinaire and she can only make about ten cards exactly alike before she has to move on to another design.  I guess I just have an assembly-line brain - and I'm only creative up to a point.  Anyhow, for about a month now I've been making  sketches and prototypes and it finally hit me today when I looked at the pile of Christmas stamps on my desk.  In return for my trying to do my small part in forestalling what appears to be the inevitable demise of the US Postal Service by buying several hundred Christmas stamps and gleefully mailing my holiday cheer the old-fashioned way, the postal service inadvertently provided me with an idea for this year's card design.  The OCD in me loves coordination - so I'm using the ornament theme for the cards, envelopes and stamps.  Being frugal with supplies - since postage is at forty-four cents! - is the reason I'm willing to brave the dreaded WalMart crowds to buy white card stock and envelopes - I already have both red and green card stock as well as all the Christmas rubber stamps any one person could possibly ever need in three lifetimes, not to mention a Cricut Christmas cartridge with the cutest little ornament design.  And so I venture forth into the holiday shopping throng...

No comments:

Post a Comment