Welcome!

I've finally decided that I am a writer - all the other things I do just pay the bills. Someone eloquent once said that if you do what you love, the money will follow. Well, let's just see about that.

RIP Aggie

RIP Aggie
Aggie was my fifteen-year-old cairn terrier - or maybe I should say I was her 55-year-old person! She was my faithful companion, spoiled rotten and I am still trying to figure out what to do without her.

Peter the Cat...

Peter the Cat...
This is Peter the gingersnap tabby! He's seven years old and has just been promoted to Peter the Very, Very Good. He is working his way up to Peter the Great...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...

Bee - the Cat Who Came From Somewhere Else...
Bee is Peter's buddy. He's eight years old and has made himself right at home. I guess cats really do come in pairs or sets of three!

And Jasper makes three!

And Jasper makes three!
Jasper is our new guy - the Cat From Another Place. He's four years old and we think he likes it here - so far, so good!

Buzz about...

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Lazy Saturday...

I love a good nerd comedy.  I love The Big Bang Theory and it irks me that I can't watch it online anywhere.  Netflix doesn't even have it yet.  However, while I was looking for a way to waste time something to watch on Saturday, I remembered that Richard had told me how funny Better Off Ted was.  I think I had actually watched the pilot episode way back when I had cable and so I thought, what the heck?  If you have never seen it, and you love a well-written nerd comedy, then this show is for you.  All of the characters are great, but Portia de Rossi steals the show as iron-lady boss Veronica Palmer.  She is at the same time brilliant and obtuse - and totally self-absorbed - but underneath it all, she has a heart.  Phil and Lem, the two brilliant lab geeks, can invent just about anything - after a fashion.  The dialogue is a riot and each episode contains a commercial for Veridian Dynamics at some point where they tout the company's latest technology.  My favorite is - and I can't even type this without giggling - a "new generation of hurricane-proof dogs."  I mean, was there an old one?  Ted, the main character, is the boss who wants everyone to like him.  He is attracted to Linda, a product tester,  who basically serves as the company's ethical compass.  Well, most of the time.  Better Off Ted is one of those unfortunately short-lived well-written shows that can't seem to snare an audience.  Except after they're cancelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment